Monday, August 23, 2010

Chess Tactic of the Day Answers #49 to #55

Tactic #49:



Unfortunately for me, White did not actually play the move 15. Qxb7. After the move 15. Qxb7, though, White gets mated by 15...gxf2+ 16. Kxf2 Qe3+ 17. Kg3 Bd6#

Tactic #50:



Ahhhhh, now that is much better ;) The relatively simple under promotion f8=N+ wins allows for Checkmate in 2.

Tactic #51:



My opponent lets me off the hook in this game. Instead of 10. Nxd8, 10. Bxf7+ gives White a nice position. The idea is that 10...Kxf7 is not possible because of 11. fxe3+, and Black will simply lose his Queen.

Tactic #52:



A famous game by one of my favorite players. A double bishop sacrifice!

Tactic #53:



Another famous game by another one of my favorite players.

Tactic #54:



Fine, go ahead and laugh. Every time I look at this position it takes me a while to spot that the Queen is attacking the Light Squared Bishop from way down the 5th Rank. Fortunately for me, I didnt miss it and end up losing the game later, as it is actually pretty probable that I would do that.

Tactic #55:

1. Bd6 Rxg7 2. Bf4# or 1. Bd6 Ra8 through Re8 and Rh8 2. Bf4# or 1. Bd6 Rf8+ 2. gxf8=Q#

I hope you enjoyed these.

No comments:

Post a Comment