Thursday, May 27, 2010

Logistical Update 1

I just uploaded the Kamsky v Robson US Championship Game. I feel pretty good about that post, as far as quality goes. I plan to go back over the Stripunsky v Nakamura game and the Onischuk v. Benjamin game and bring them up to a similar quality. I am probably going to add more diagrams to all of my posts. It is a big pain to read the blog without them.

I have also figured out how to use the Labels function. As of now, I have two main categories of posts, US Chess Championship and Chess Openings. I hope to add more of these themed types of posts.

I am really hoping to cover the US Chess League, especially the Philadelphia Inventors. Truth be told, I always kind of forget about the League, but think it is a great idea, and hope to do reviews of as many of those games as possible. At the moment, I do not think there is a 2010 schedule yet. Please let me know if that is not the case!

Another thing I am going to try and do is add some more personal stuff, chess wise, dont worry! Though I have been really depressed recently. ;) (That's a joke)

Part of that will just be through the Chess Openings stuff, but I am also going to post up analysis of my tournament games, and maybe even some journalistic type stuff about the tournaments I go to. I dont go to a whole lot of tournaments, but I will be going to the World Open 2010, so I will probably try and cover that a bit.

Also, the Kamsky Robson game took me like 5 hours or more. I dont remember when I started. I am not sure if I will get faster at this stuff or what. As far as decisions go, though, I am going to cut breadth rather than depth. I did the Benjamin v. Onischuk post in maybe 2 or 3 hours, and the quality of is where I want it to be.

I might try to have a daily tactic post, or something small ish along those lines. That should be kind of fun, and relatively easy, as I can just take a problem out of some book I have!

As far as these rambling sorts of updates on what I plan to do, I am not sure how I am going to handle them. On the one hand, I am sure they are mildly annoying and get in the way of the chess stuff. On the other hand, I want to let people know what my plans are, and to take suggestions etc.

I guess for now I will call them Logistical Update 1, 2, 3 etc.

Then, if you see a Logistical Update post, you can ignore it if you dont care about all this stuff.

As a recap, this is what I plan to do in the near future:

1) US Chess Championship
2) US Chess League
3) World Open 2010
4) Chess Openings
5) Daily Puzzle

Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment