Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Logistical Update 3

As a reminder, these Logistical Updates do not contain any helpful chess information. They are just ways for me to explain parts of the blog, so if that does not interest you ignore this post.

Basically, I just wanted to say that I put up a bunch of Chess Tactics of the Day and attempted to make up for missing about 5 or 6 days because of the World Open. I kind of planned to Blog during the World Open, cause I thought semi Live blogging was a great idea. That didnt work at all though! I did post my first game one morning, but after that I was like Ugh. I didnt want to over do the chess stuff, and figured I would try and save my energy for the games. That didnt work out either though!

I will post my games with various comments. Because posting an entire game with comments takes a lot of time (See lack of US Chess Championship Posts), I am going to try posting my games in parts. This way, I can work through what I work through, post some stuff, and then try and get back to it as soon as possible. Rather than having a huge amount of work looming, and then have unfinished projects from months ago, this may be a good way to go. Anyway, it is worth trying out.

This also goes along with a bit of new philosophy I am going to try out about learning chess. That is more substantive though, so I wont talk about it in the Logistical Update.

See you later!

Oh wait, one last thing. I got real psyched today when I googled Smyslov the Slayer and noticed that 3 other websites had my name on it. There were just link dump sites I think, so it wasnt like anyone actually visited my blog yet. Haha, it was still pretty cool to know that people might accidentally stumble on my blog once or twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment